10.07.2011

An Apple A day...

My thoughts often keep me up @ nights. It has always been this way but it seems to be getting worse the older I get. What usually happens is I go over what happened that day and try to reason with myself why or why not, what if I and if I would've know this then. It's a vicious cycle that does nothing positive for me but cause regrets and anxiety...it has to stop.
I've tried to live life in the present but find that its easier said than done. As we come to the end of the year my goal is to truly live in the moment. No thinking about yesterday or tomorrow but to genuinely soak up each second, minute, hour of life!

Yesterday the co-founder of Apple, passed away after a long battle with cancer. Just last week while on youtube I saw a Stanford University graduation speech he gave a few years ago and his message was clear...Chase your dreams but first you must love what u do and use your failures as stepping stones to success. This speech really struck a nerve in me. It made me realize I must stop dwelling on my failures and keep pushing forward regardless of how many times I may fall. I'm not sure why I am deeply affected by his passing but I know me watching that speech less than a week before he died was no coincidence, he has forever changed my outlook towards failing and for that I am grateful.
Thank You Steve Jobs!

No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter