6.03.2013

May Favorites

It's time to spotlight some of my favorite things from May 


1. Palmer's Cocoa Butter 
   > I remember using this product as a kid and started using it again in the month of May. Both my kids have sensitive skin so after trying others creams and lotions I decide to revisit what worked for me as a kid.  It destroys ash like nobodies business and the smell is so nostalgic. 
Rating: A+

2. Lancôme Teint Idole Fresh Wear          
   > I decided to try this product on my quest for the perfect summer foundation. I have to say I like this foundation alot it is light weight but gives good medium coverage, long wearing  and leaves a semi matte finish. The only con is as I tan I am going to need a darker shade but right now its a great match for me {My shade is Suede 2W}
Rating: B

3. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar 
    > I'm not one to fall for hype products but I do regret not buying into the hype of  these lip tars. I was always weary of purchasing this product because it was only available online, but now that Sephora stores carry them I decided to give in to the hype. I first got Nylon and Hoochie and fell in love with both colors so I went back the next week and got Lydia and Black Dahlia! They had a good selection of colors that made it was quite hard choosing but I cannot say enough how much I 💖 the ones I got. Perfect to carry in your purse during warm weather without the risk of it melting like a lipstick would, long lasting and pigmented to THE max. (Disclaimer: exfoliate & moisturize your lips prior to wearing for the best results) 
Rating: A 

4. Hello Kitty Bow mirror 
   > I had been eyeing cute HK mirrors on the Sephora site but could not choose which one I wanted. One day I was in the store and a sales associate was helping me find an item, she opened a bottom drawer and there it was... what caught my eye was the bow shape and leopard print... I knew I had to have it. It's a perfect size for an evening clutch or makeup bag, double sided with one side being magnified, plus I get many compliments whenever I whip it out. 

5. MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Base Visage 
    > This is a fairly new product by MAC that I've always wanted to try it but they were always sold out, I was so glad to have finally be able to get my hands on one. It is said to be a great primer for those with tan/ dark skin because of its yellow color and tiny shimmer particles that help to brighten the skin instead of the typical white primer that can leave dark skin with a white cast. It is also formulated for oily and combination skin which I have. I do think it's a good primer but it isn't a must have.  
Rating: B-
 
6. Lorac Pro Palette 
    > This product I regret not getting sooner, it is already my all time favorite palette.  The colors are mostly neutral with a few pops of color, great for daytime looks as well as night time smokey eyes. It offers 8 matte shadows and 8 shimmer shadows, both formulas are soft and easy to blend however some of the shimmers are sheer in color and do fall out when applying. I think this palette would be awesome as a gift for a makeup lover or for someone who is always traveling. 
Rating: A+
 
7. Smith's Rosebud Salve 
   > Another product I found at Sephora ( that place is bad for my pockets). I saw this in the front while checking out and was intrigued by the vintage packaging, it looked like something my grandma used back in the day. When I read the label it said it was formulated by Dr. G. F. Smith in 1892 and i thought if it is still around it must be a good product. It's an all purpose skin preparation, for diaper rash, rough hands and cuticle, chapped lips, blemishes and detergent burns (whatever that is). I personally use it on my cuticles and my lips before bed. I like that it does  as it says and my lips are super soft in the morning and although I don't like a strong flowery scent I like the smell of roses. 
Rating: A 

8. MAC Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl 
   > Unfortunately this is a limited edition item from the Year of Snake Collection. I have  been using this as a highlighter all month and loving it! An beautiful peach colored powder with a hint of golden shimmer, perfect for the warmer weather. I think this could work on just about all skin tones, I really hope MAC re promotes this baby! 
Rating: A+  

Bonus:
 I have been having a love affair with regular M&M's all month long I don't know what it is but I have been going in. Not good for my waistline so I had to give them up.
 
Until next time 
*smooches 💋

No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter