12.23.2014

▪️My Top 5 Foundations▪️


I posted on Instagram (makeup_by_niki) a list of my 5 favorite foundations both powder and liquid, but want to go into more depth about why I choose these foundations as my favs. 



1. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24HR 
I absolutely adore this foundation, I mean seriously one of the best formulas I've ever tried. It is full coverage but lightweight and doesn't look cakey at all. Having oily/ combo skin my main concern is longevity and this does not disappoint. It stays on for hours, doesn't transfer or become shiny and has a nice stain finish. I recommend getting a sample to see how you like it but I'm certain you will love it. 

2. M.A.C Matchmaster
This foundation is exactly as the name says...matches my complexion seamlessly and doesn't get warmer or oily. It is full coverage and perfect for those days you want a glamorous 'beat' face or can be use sparingly for everyday. So glad I picked this up after hearing so many people rave about it. 

3. Estée Lauder Double Wear
This foundation does its job like a pro...covers everything, stays matte, longer wearing but doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I like that it comes in a variety of shades which is huge for those who tend to be in-between shades with other brands. I only wish it would come with a pump but for how amazing it works I can deal. Also the MAC pump does fit this bottle for easier application. 

4. Marc Jacobs Genius Gel
This is one of those spur of the moment purchases that happens after walking around Sephora for what seems to be hours. Prior to trying this foundation I didn't hear many reviews but I knew I liked the idea of a 'gel' foundation. I gave it a go and ended up loving this as my everyday foundation, It's extremely light but can be built up for a medium coverage. I've since been intrigued in trying more products from Marc Jacobs. 

5. Clinique Stay Matte 
You must be noticing a theme here, matte, long wearing foundations are my thing. I'm very oily and need something that's not gonna slip and slide all over my face. I got this foundation over the summer to use as a tinted moisturizer along with my sunscreen. It covers beautifully but isn't necessarily full coverage, it is a great everyday foundation or can be use as a base since it is oil free and oil controlling. 

These are my favorite 'high end' foundations but I also have a few drugstore ones I love as well so look out for that post in the near future. 

Until next time 
*smooches 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what shade are you in the double wear?

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter