3.18.2015

Battle of the Facial Sprays


It's 2pm, you've been waist deep in office work and on your 3rd cup of coffee, you look at your reflection on the computer screen only to see a tired, dull face. What do you do? You whip out a facial spray of course! A few sprays later your makeup is refreshed and you are feel revitalized. 

When it comes to facial sprays most people think of them as unnecessary and gimmicky, truth is they can be a vital addition to your daily routine. With multiple uses from setting makeup to hydrating and replenishing dry skin, facial sprays can be used during makeup application as well as morning/ night time routines. 
I've only used 2 brands and I love them both equally.

• M.A.C Fix + is a cult fave that MAC describes as "A lightweight, mineral rich finishing mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup. Helps create an even surface for a smooth makeup application."

 Although it is not a setting spray and won't make your makeup last longer, it's amazing at taking away the 'powder' look and gives a nice luminous, dewy finish. It can also be used to enhance the pigmentation of shadows or pigments. I enjoy the scent and there's nothing better than a cool mist of facial spray on a warm day.   
 You can also use it before applying foundation for easier blending, sprayed onto brushes or beauty sponges to blend or before your serums and creams for added moisture. I especially love the fact that the bottle locks when you're not using it so it doesn't accidentally pump while traveling. There only one negative I have to say about Fix + which would be the price, at $22 for 3.4 oz it's a bit pricey but I will admit that it is ALOT of product and typically takes me about 6 months to finish. 

• Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater is an excellent alternative and claims to be "A refreshing, hydrating mist to use anywhere anytime. Simply formulated with fragrant herbal extracts and rosewater for a pleasant, pick me up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. Spray your day and night creams for a boost of hydration or use it to set make-up or spray on dry hair throughout the day. Safe for all skin types. Gentle, non-irritating."

 While the uses are exactly the same as Fix + I rather use this one solely for beauty purposes rather than using after makeup application. It smells amazing as well and is a better deal at $7 for 4 oz. 
  I use them both interchangeably but since the MB is less expensive I tend to use it more often because I can use more of it without worrying about the cost. The only downside I can think of is that it doesn't contain glycerin like Fix + (which helps to attract moisture to the skin) but it does have Aloe Vera juice which is an excellent ingredient for calming redness and irritation. 

FINAL WORD:
 While I Love them both equally, if I HAD to choose just one it would be the Fix +. 
They're both practically the same but I just like Fix + a notch more than the Mario Badescu Facial Spray.

Until next time 
Smooches*

1 comment:

TheDailyTip said...

Great Spray!
Would love if you checked out my blog.
http://inspirationdelux.weebly.com

x0x0x

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter