8.04.2013

July Favorites: Super Late -_-

It's unbelievable to me how fast these months are going by. I feel like I just did June favs and here we are again, another month, another set of  favorite beauty items. Lets get started: 


1. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
 I am a HUGE fan of Revlon's foundations because they're great quality and offer many shades for women of color.  When I ran out of my beloved Revlon PhotoReady HD I went to get another but unfortunately or fortunately I guess, they didn't have my shade in stock. I didn't even think twice about picking up this new foundation from them because they never disappoint. I love how perfect this is for the warmer months because it is super light weight and like the name implies its like your skin is naked. It doesn't cake up, it lasts all day (with primer) and the color is an exact match for me. I love it and will most definitely repurchase this again. 

Rating: A++

2. Ardell Fashion Lashes, Wispies
These lashes have changed my life. And yes I'm being dramatic! But they are the shiznit... I will never use another lash brand or style again. Well I don't know about ever but I will always have a pair of these in stock. I don't even feel like I'm wearing falsies with these. They are everything and more. 

Rating: A+

3. Clarisonic Mia 2 
I got this for Mother's Day from my hubby and it should've been on every fav list I made since then but I needed to give it a couple months to make sure it was real lol. After the first 2 weeks of 'purging' my skin has been flawless ever since. The texture has been smoother and softer and I feel like my products are working better now because they  penetrate into my skin better. Even my makeup application is better! It is pricey but so worth the investment, there are things I don't mind spending a lot of money on and skin care is one if them. 

Rating: A++ 
 
3a/b. PeterThomasRoth Anti-aging Cleansing Gel & Laser-Free Regenerator 
 I had to include these two items that came with my Clarisonic Mia 2 because I know they have helped make a significant difference along with the Clarisonic. This is my first experience with PTR although I've heard many great things about the line before. The cleanser is good and I would buy it again but the star of the show is the regenerator, which is a moisturizer that is a gel-cream consistency. It took me a while to get used to because it is deifferent from anything I've used before. I apply it at night after washing my face and the next morning I swear my skin is glowing, soft and supple and just perfect. Whenever I don't use it I notice my skin goes back to being dull and lackluster. So at a hefty price tag of $68 (for the full size) I'm gonna bite the bullet and keep using this baby. 

Rating: A+

4. Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
If you are my friend and knew about the awesomeness of Lush but never told me, shame on you for being a bad friend. Technically I started using this at the end of July but it deserves a place on this list because it's AWESOME. I picked up 2 soaps and I will be trying some skincare products next.

Rating: A

5. M.A.C Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Double Definition 
Skinfinishes are my favorite item produced by MAC they are so pretty and work on all skintones. This color is a beautiful highlight color and gives a beautiful glow to the face, and since it has two tones you get to use the colors separately or mixed together. 

Rating: A

6. M.A.C Archie's Girls Spoiled Rich Quad 
I normally don't wear eyeshadow during the summer but this month I kept reaching for this purple quad. Purple is a universal color that will look good on everybody but for those with brown eyes purple is the way to go. This quad offers all the colors you would need for a basic purple smokey eye or a full on purple look. Last time I checked it was still available on maccosmetics.com. 

Rating: B+

7. Essie Play Date 
Lets just say this has been on my toes and nails for the majority of the month. I've had this polish for a year now but I fell head over heels in love with it this month. It just makes me happy to look down at my feet and see this lovely shade of purple. Sense a theme: I warned you a few posts back that I love purple. 

Rating: A+

8. Eco Styler Argan Oil Gel
Decided to try this instead of my usual Eco Styler Olive Oil and I must say I am impressed. It is alcohol free and doesn't flake, if used liberally, and  works great on my kinky curly hair as well as my daughters loose spiral curls.

Rating: A

9. Elf daily brush cleaner  
First let me say, I don't care for the scent of this, however, I do like how well it cleans my brushes in between washes. I took it with me on vacation to spot clean my brushes and it was effective even on my foundation brush. For $3 at Target I can live with the smell because it does fade after several minutes.

Rating: B+

10. M.A.C Hot Chocolate Lipstick
No words can express my love affair with this lipstick, which is funny because at first I didn't like it. In the tube it isn't the most appealing color but when applied it is a mauve-toned neutral that looks great without looking like you're trying too hard.  Since my lips are naturally pigmented I need a dark toned neutral and this one is the perfect match. Of course it is limited edition but lucky me I found one at my CCO so I can use this one as often as I please now that I have a backup. 

Rating: A+ 

Bonus: 
I wanted to include a food fav of the month: S'mores
The perfect summer's night treat that will satisfy the biggest sweet tooth. 
  
              Play Date on my toes

Until next time
Smooches *

No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter