10.03.2013

September Favorites

Im back with another monthly favorite post. Last month I didn't do one because I hardly wore makeup and I didn't have enought products to justify a post. So here are my favs from both August & September :) 

                    
        

1. Nuance Mineral Foundation Deep 240
 I have had this foundation for months but lately its been my go to powder foundation for the days when I wanna keep it light and simple. This makeup line by Salma Hayek and is sold at CVS and I can honestly say I will repurchase over and over.  

Rating: A

2. Revlon Custom Eyes Mascara
 I typically use 2-3 mascaras at a time because my natural lashes are pathetic, so when it comes mascaras I'm always up for trying new ones. I got this one because it has a twist dial on the brush that switches from length & drama to length & definition, although it isn't great with length it does give good definition. 
    
Rating: B+

3. Robanda Oxygen Boost Night Cream
Kinda stumbled on this moisturizer while strolling the aisles of TJ Maxx. I am in the process of amping up my skincare routine and introducing more serums and night creams is my first step. The main reason why I went for this one was the oxygen boost factor as well as containing ingredients like organic aloe vera, shea butter, vitamin c, ginger, jojoba, mandarin orange and loads of plant derivatives. So far its been working well I won't know for another few weeks if its a keeper or not but its def a fav right now. 

Rating: A

4. MAC All of My Purple Life Lipglass
If you have been reading blogs for as long as I have, you certainly must know Patrice of Afrobella.com, she paved the way for brown bloggers and is still very much on top of the game. Well a couple years back MAC did a collection where top bloggers got a chance to create their own eye shadow or lipglass. Patrice, a fellow Trinidadian and purple lover, created this gorgeous purple lipglass and set the internet ablaze when it sold out in days and had everyone signing petitions to bring it back. This is my all time fav lipglass and sadly I'm on my last tube with what seems like no chance of ever getting another :(  if there's a makeup God MAC would come to their senses and repromote this beautiful color.  

Rating: A++

5. Burberry Weekend Eau de Parfum
A lovely scent for everyday use but as the name suggests its has a laid back 'weekend' vibe. I love that its soft but long lasting and now that its allegry season for me, it doesn't bother my sinuses.

Rating: A

6. L'oreal Quad in Canyon Stone 
As I mentioned I haven't been wearing much makeup the last month or so but when I did want a polished look I found myself reaching for this quad. This quad is great for looking like you put effort into your makeup without the work, I can use 2 colors or all 4 for a more 'done' eye look. Another plus, the darkest brown doubles as brow powder. 

Rating: A

7. MAC Select Cover Up Concealer NW45 
I've had this concealer for a year now and its finally on its last leg. I love this because all you need is a drop to cover blemish scars or under eye circles. My simple routine as of late is to cover any discoloration then go over the entire face with the Nuance powder. Less than 3 minutes and I have an even, matte complexion...Love It! 

Rating: A

8. Pro FX Quick Dry Top Coat
This has replaced the cult fave Seche Vite in my book, which quite frankly for the price doesn' t contain the best ingredients AND always got super thick half way thru the bottle. I picked this up from Walmart for about $5, its salon size and is a great top coat for an at home manicure. I'm halfway thru it and the consistency is the same, only con I see is  it doesn't dry as fast as seche vite but it keeps my manicure fresh for 5-6 days. 

Rating: B+

9. Revlon Nail Enamel Plum Night 799
For me dark nails are year round but generally its more suitable for cooler months. This blackened plum would look great on any skintone, the formula is creamy and opaque and its seems to be chip resistant because it lasted a full week with only minor chipping at the tips.

Rating: A

10. MAC Tribalist Lipstick
I was so happy that I found this color for a reasonable price. First off the packaging is amaze and the blackberry color is right on trend. I have be wearing the life out this color in September.

Rating: A

Bonus: 
My food favorite if the month has to be Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Frappe (without the mocha), it is out for a limited time so try it before its gone. 

Until Next Time,
Smooches*

No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter