3.18.2014

Most Used Palettes (Right Now)

Lately I've been really loving working from eye shadow palettes, they make getting ready easy and take the guess work out of choosing colors. For me a good palette should have complementary colors to achieve a few different looks, as well as a mix of finishes and textures.  

These are the ones I've been loving the most so far.

 
1. Lorac Pro Palette
 I wrote about this palette about a year ago and it STILL is my favorite palette ever. It's neutral but has a bit of color, day and night time looks, great quality shadows and the packaging is so sleek and simple. If you don't have this 'what are you waiting on?' 

2. Anastasia Catwalk Palette 
If I'm being honest I was drawn to this because of the animal print and happily discovered it was not only pretty but also  useful. I would call this a smoky eye neutral palette but you definitely can use this for day time use. 

3. MAC Cosmetics Custom Quad
I created this palette for everyday use and I'm happy with the colors I chose.  Ricepaper (brow color) Woodwinked (lid color) Espresso ( outer V) Saddle (crease color)
Whenever I'm in a rush or just want to do a quick eye look this is what I use. 

4. Kat Von D Ladybird Palette 
If you didn't know I'm a sucker for matte shadows, and when I saw this palette I knew I had to have it. The shadows are  very pigmented but they are powdery and need to be applied with a primer or base. Otherwise I like the colors especially the orange shade. 

5. Anastasia Lavish Palette
The highly sort after Lavish palette certainly lives up to the hype. Being that this was Anastasia's first eye shadow palette I think she really did a good job with the quality of it. You can really achieve any look with this palette and again the packaging sure is pretty. 

6. Charlotte Ronson Nicole Palette
So since I always keep it real with y'all...I only got this because it's my name *hangs head in shame* 
I know it's superficial but tell me you wouldn't do the same...Exactly! 
Anyhow turns out it was not a purchase in vain because I love the coppery, bronzey colors of this palette. Cannot wait for summer nights and a tan to wear this more. 

7. Makeup Forever Technicolor 
Granted the quality of this palette was a fail for MUFE, however I still adore the bright colors and I def use the brown, beige & black often. It's some what difficult to work with the texture of these shadows but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. Great for fun bright spring/summer looks! 

8. MAC Cosmetics Devil May Dare
Found this gem on a blogsale and was so glad I was able to get my hands on it. This was released in the Magic, Mirth & Mischief collection for Holiday 2009 so finding it now was a major score. I've used it pretty much every other day since I got it. The pink and purple shade are so nice on my skin tone that it's making me consider getting the Naked 3 :) 



That's it my most used palettes right now. I have been on a palette buying spree so look forward for an updated list in the near future. 

Smooches 💋


No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter