3.31.2010

What I've learned about my Natural Hair...





So I've been natural for a month now.....still too early to have a definitive regimen so right now I just listen to my hair for what it needs. I evaluate my hair often as a way to gauge if its dry or brittle, if there's product buildup, does my scalp need oil, are my ends healthy, and so on.
I would like to try new products mostly natural ones like Oyin but I am still going through my stash...Early on in my transition I went out and bought so much stuff, every sale I would stock up but as it went on I found I got the best results when I remained consistent with what I used on my hair and find some of those same products still work well for my hair now. When I think about it, It makes complete sense since I found my transition to be fairly easy although I never intended to transition for long I ended up going for 18 months.


All I'm saying is find what works for you and stick with it. A lot of the time we get caught up in the hype and think we MUST have this or that cause it's working for so and so.... my thing is this no ONE product is the key! Its a combination of products and good hair practices! With that said here are MY staple products....
  • OILS : Coconut, Olive, Castor, Jojoba, Sweet Almond
  • Shampoo: Vo5 Clarifying Kiwi Lime or Baking Soda
  • Conditioner: Garnier Sleek n Shine, Sauve Naturals, Vo5 Moisture Milks
  • Deep Conditioner: Pantene R&N mask, Aussie Moist, Sauve Humectant (A+)
  • Moisturizers: Shea butter
  • Leave In: Chi Keratin Mist, Aphogee Green Tea
I am STILL on a journey to learning my hair but am much closer to knowing her than I ever was before.

until next time
*smooches*

No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter