5.06.2014

My April Favorites





It has been a while since I did a favorite post but now that I have accumulated a few new items I think it's time to let you know what beauty products I've been loving. In no particular order here are my April Favorites: 

1.  Clinique Stay Matte Foundation
This oil-free foundation is perfect for those with normal to oily skin. It offers sheer to medium coverage but I can build it up to a full coverage using my beauty blender. It is one of the only matte formulas that actually keeps me matte ALL day. I have 2 different shades one for now and one shade darker for the summer. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend this because it will dry you out even more. 
A++

2. Anastasia Dipbrow pomade Chocolate
After trying 2 other shades of this pomade, I finally found one that is perfect for my skintone. It is smear proof and waterproof, glides on easily but does dry fast so you have to work quickly.  I really like this and hope it holds up during hot, humid days. 
A

3. Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette
As always I purchase a new product and I don't reach for it right away, I get so complacent with my 'staple' items that I buy new things but rarely use them. I was very impressed with this palette when I finally used it 4 months later (I know, I know). Besides the fact that it smells like chocolate these shadows are neutral but have a bit more color than the traditional neutral palette. I love how easy to blend they are and how many different looks I can achieve with this one palette, and lastly the packaging is super cute. I highly recommend this if you don't already have it. 
A+

4. Benefit Porefessional Primer
This very hyped up primer kept calling my name so I decided to gave it a try because I do have larger pores in my cheek area. First let me say I am very oily and I was not expecting this to help my oily areas because it is mainly marketed as a pore minimizer, surprisingly it does both. I love how silky it goes on and I guess because it's oil-free it keeps extra oil at bay. I like it but it isn't my holy grail of primers. 

5. M.A.C Magnetic Appeal Skinfinish
Let us just say I am all about highlighting products but I realize that being oily, highlighters aren't always fit for our skin type but I do like shine just in the right places. Skinfinishes are my favorite product that MAC makes and I have a pretty good collection of them. This month I started using Magnetic Appeal and feel head over heel in love. It's a beautiful bronze, gold color and is perfect for that summer glow, at night I pile it on and let the light reflect of my cheekbones naturally.
A+

6. M.A.C Golden Bronze Iridescent Loose Powder
Another Highlighting product that I have been using a lot last month. This one is a bit different because it can be used alone or mixed into foundation or powder to add a glow. As the name suggests this powder has a iridescent finish that is really pretty especially on really dark/tan skin. It has since been discontinued but last I checked it was still available on Nordstrom.com. A must have for women or color or tan/ olive skintones. 
A

7. Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask
If you follow me on Instagram (makeup_by_niki) then you know how much I love facial masks and that my favorite brand is Freeman Feeling Beautiful masks. I read they came out with this one which is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Volcanic Ash Exfoiliator ( comparison post coming soon) so I knew I wanted to try it myself to see if they were the same or similar. I absolutely love everything about this mask, it has been a key part of my facial routine and will be permanently added to the lineup. The charcoal is great for drawing out oil and impurities and the black sugar scrubs away dead, dull skin, leaving skin feeling brand new. The best part is that even though it exfoiliates it isn't harsh or drying but leaves my skin soft and moisturized. 

8. Mario Badescu Facial Spray
I love using facial sprays so I never turn down the opportunity to try new ones. I came across this one during one of my many Ulta trips and had to see what it was about. It contains rose water, aloe and herbs, can be used to set makeup or refresh the skin. I use it both day and night as a toner before applying my moisturizers and serums, also during the day as a pick me up when my skin feels dry or dehydrated. It is similar to MAC Fix+ but it's only $7 for 4 oz compared to $21 for 3.4 oz of the Fix+
A

9. M.A.C Lip conditioner 
After the winter we had in NY I have become an expert at fighting chapped lips lol. I've honestly tried so many that did nothing for me that when I find one that works I cannot help but sing it's praise. This one is petroleum based but it is not sticky or goey like Vaseline, it contains Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, vitamins A and E which basically means it's extremely moisturizing. The one I have is in limited edition packaging with Ricky Martin's signature but it is a permanent product available year round. 
A+

10. M.A.C Shaping Powder in Soft Focus 
I've been wanting to try these shaping powders for a while nowo so I ordered this one to use as an under eye setting powder. It is finely milled, silky smooth and gives the right amount of highlight without being overly bright. It reminds me of banana powder because of the yellow color but I have yet to try that to do a comparison. I do love this powder and plan on picking up other shades in the future. 
A+


I always feature a bonus favorite and because I'm a foodie it's usually a treat. This month I've been loving Dove's Mint & Dark chocolate swirl bar....Heaven in a Candy bar 


Until Next Time 
Smooches*

No comments:

www.flickr.com

Hit Counter